Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You must be of the legal age to purchase alcohol in your country of purchase
2. We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time but, in respect of any ordered goods, the terms and conditions which apply shall be those which you accepted when you placed your order. Otherwise, no alteration of these terms and conditions shall apply unless agreed in writing between you and us.
4. A contract is formed between us and you when (and not before) we have sent you confirmation by writing or email to the address or email address you have given and receive settlement of your credit/debit card payment. You may not cancel or vary your order once it has been accepted.
5. Breakages: All goods should be examined at the time of delivery. Please notify us of any discrepancies, shortages or damage within 48 hours of delivery. Damaged bottles and packaging MUST be kept for inspection please.
6. We do not accept liability for the condition of the wine in the bottle. With older wines it is quite normal to find that individual bottles can mature, improve, and decline in taste at different times.
7. Force Majeure: We shall not be liable for any failure to meet our obligations occasioned by circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We will refund any advance sales made in advance of release should we not be able to supply the wine.
8. Every effort will be made to ensure that prices shown in our website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found prior to dispatch of the goods, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If you cancel, we will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
9. Pictures, illustrations or descriptions or any other information submitted or contained in this website or other advertising matter are for general information and guidance. There may be minor variations between the goods as shown or described on our website and those dispatched to you without affecting their function, quality or price.
10. Payment for goods ordered can be made by any method shown in this website at the time you place your order, ( except orders more than one year in advance of release; see condition 12 below) All payments are taken in pounds Sterling and all purchases are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing UK rate
11. The ordered goods will be delivered to the address entered by you on the on-line order. If there is no one at the address given who is competent and of age to accept delivery of the goods, you will be notified of an alternative delivery date or a place to collect the goods. See delivery information for delivery times in the uk, EU and rest of the world. If we become aware in advance of any reason whereby we are unable to deliver within these time periods, we will inform you as soon as possible and you will be entitled to cancel the order and obtain a refund or re-credit for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from you credit card for the goods. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery.
12. The credit terms for our merchant banking account limit us to advance sales only within 1 year of release of a wine. Therefore we can only take earlier advance sales by debit card cheque or cash.
13. All orders are accepted subject to availability of the goods. If any ordered goods are not readily available to us, we will inform you as soon as possible, and refund or re-credit in full any sum that has been paid by you or debited from you credit card.
14. Sales within the EU are inclusive of VAT, import and exclusive of alcohol excise duties, you may be liable for local alcohol excise duties.
15. Sales outside the EU are exclusive of VAT, Import and alcohol excise duties, you may be liable for local duties.
1. We only keep transactional data from orders placed on our website (For HMRC purposes): such as contact details & delivery addresses. No credit card / debit card, bank details are stored.
2. Marketing - Contact details are kept for those who opt in after May 25th 2018 (e-mail addresses only). These are used for Newsletters only and are not shared with any third party. We use MailChimp for sending newsletters.
4. If you would like to contact us about the data held please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org